General Problems with Downloaded Software
When trying to start a physical or downloaded game on Nintendo Switch, there is a long load time, a long lag, the console freezes, or it will not respond.
If a specific error code or error message is displayed, search for it within the knowledge base and follow the steps therein.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console by holding down the POWER Button for at least three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart."
- If the console is not responding, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds in order to force the console to shut down. Then power it on again.
- Perform a system update.
- Check for any software updates for the problematic game.
- Check for corrupt data.
- Delete the problematic software and then redownload it.
- If the issue persists and a microSD card is being used with the console, try the following:
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, please contact us for support.