Wii Shop Channel
A portion of the online services offered through the Wii console were discontinued on 28th June 2013. Certain online software functionality that utilises WiiConnect24 – for instance, message/data exchange – will no longer be available for this Channel.
The Wii Shop Channel allows you to download Wii Channels, WiiWare titles, Virtual Console games and redeem Nintendo Points, as well as obtaining other downloads (subject to availability). A broadband internet connection is required.
Click here to read our Q&A.
Important Notes about the Wii Shop Channel and the use of Nintendo Points
- It is no longer possible to add Nintendo Points to the Wii Shop Channel. Click here for more information.
- Points have no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All points and software downloads are only for use on a single Wii console and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A maximum number of unused Points can be stored on one Wii console.
- Additional hardware accessories may be required to use Wii software downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel and are sold separately.
- Software downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel is licensed to you, not sold.
- Wii Points are subject to a User Agreement, which may be viewed by clicking here.
- Points cards are valid for use in the E.E.A. and Switzerland only and Points are only redeemable for downloading software or purchasing goods offered on the Wii Shop Channel.
Accessing the Wii Shop Channel:
- Ensure that your Wii console is connected to the Internet. If you need assistance getting your Wii console online, click here.
- Select the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii Menu.
- If you have not previously accessed the Wii Shop Channel, you will need to read and agree to the User Agreement. For information on locating the User Agreement, click here.