Should a problem occur during the process of connecting your Wii console online, or if a downloaded update is not able to install, the Wii console may display a specific error code (5-digit number). These error codes can often help determine what caused the problem and what can be done to resolve it. For review purposes, enter in the field above the first few digits of the error code you received. Then click the relevant error code number in the drop-down list that appears to view the corresponding details. If you did not receive an error code, or an error code does not appear, check the information that follows.
If you consistently receive the following error messages, please contact us.
- "An error has occured that cannot be resolved at this time. Please try again later."
- "There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service. Please try again later."
Wii Shop Channel Errors
If you are receiving an error while attempting to purchase items on the Wii Shop Channel, you may want to use another credit card, or contact the credit card provider for the card that you were attempting to use. If you are still receiving error codes, please contact us. Click here for contact details.
Error Code not found
If you are receiving the following error message: "There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service. Please try again later."
- Try adjusting the transmission rate of your router. Lowering the rate to "1-2 mbp" from 4 or higher can ensure a more stable connection. Turning off any "Speed Booster" options may also help; these are often called Nitro, Turbo Boost, etc.
- Check your router's broadcast settings to find out if it is set to "G", "B", or "Mixed." Mixed typically works best, but try all three to see if it improves the network connection to the Wii console.
- Wireless routers typically have a range of channels from 1 to 11. Try changing your wireless router's channel to 1, 6, or 11, and try the connection again. (These three channels do not "overlap" with any of the other channels.)
- Make sure that any other interfering devices, such as microwaves and cordless phones, are turned off. Wireless keyboards and mice may also cause interference.
If you are still receiving error codes, please contact us. Click here for contact details.