Wii U GamePad Battery Removal
Step-by-step instructions for removing the battery from a Wii U GamePad.
For information on disposing of the battery, contact your local solid waste authority.
- The Wii U GamePad uses a lithium-ion battery.
- Turn the power off and disconnect the Wii U GamePad AC Adapter if it is connected to the GamePad.
- Use a crosshead style, size #0 screwdriver to avoid damage to the screw or threads.
Removing the battery
- Press and hold the POWER Button for at least one second to turn off the power.
- Loosen the battery cover screws with a crosshead style, size #0 screwdriver.
- The battery cover is designed so the screws can be loosened, but not fully removed.
- Remove the battery cover by lifting the edge slightly, and then pulling it outward.
- Unplug the connector first, and then remove the battery by pulling it outward.
- When disconnecting the battery cable, pull by the plug, not the cable.
Disposing of used batteries
- Completely cover the battery connector with tape.
- Do not remove the label.
- Do not break or try to disassemble the battery.
This product uses a lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries contain potentially reactive chemicals and should be properly recycled.
Please bring used batteries to the nearest recycling centre.