To perform a system update, please first connect your Wii U console to the Internet. For further information, visit our Connecting Wii U to the Internet page.
- The length of time it takes to perform a system update varies depending on the speed of the Internet connection used. Please be patient.
- Due to the amount of new features and applications included, the system update may take an extended amount of time when performed during the initial setup (for some users it could take an hour or more to download and install). Do not power off your console during this time.
- From the Wii U Menu, select "System Settings". (The current system software version will be displayed in the top right corner.)
- Using the Left Stick, scroll to the "System Update" icon and press the A Button.
- Touch "Update" to connect to the Internet and begin the update process.