Software update: November 5th 2015
A software update is now available that introduces new features and adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be v1.20.
Please note: this update is required in order to use Super Mario Maker's online features.
- Adds a feature that allows Event Courses to be downloaded. Completing Event Courses may unlock Costume Marios.
- Courses from Official Makers can be found at any time by searching Course World
- Adds the Checkpoint Flag object
- Adds ability to combine power-up items
- Adds hard mode to Gnat Attack
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: 357.5 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.