Software update: September 2nd 2015
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be 2.1.0.
Please note: after this software update, an in-game message notes that new gear has been added. However, this gear was added in a previous software update, and there is no new gear added with this software update. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Changes to stages
- Arowana Mall: Changes the layout in all modes to prevent users from travelling in an unintended way at a specific location.
- Camp Triggerfish: Changes the layout in Turf War and Splat Zones to prevent users from travelling in an unintended way at a specific location.
Changes to main weapons
- Rollers: Corrects an issue introduced in version 2.0.0 that affected camera movements while moving with the roller raised.
Changes to sub weapons
- Splash Wall: Corrects an issue where throwing a bomb while touching the opposing team's Splash Wall would occasionally damage opposing players on the other side.
Changes to Ranked Battles
- Tower Control: Fixes an issue where the distance counters would display the same number when the scores were very similar.
- Tower Control: Corrects the behaviour of the distance counter when the tower is taken by the other team, having reached the same distance as the opponents but not overtaken them. (In version 2.0.0, the team in the lead lost one distance point, but in version 1.3.0 and earlier the team in the lead gained one distance point.)
- Corrects an issue where updating the software would cause the error code 104-2230
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.