Software update: October 21st 2015
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be 2.2.0, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Adjustments to main weapons, sub weapons and special weapons.
Luna Blaster/Blaster/Custom Blaster/Range Blaster/Custom Range Blaster: sets the limit for maximum blast wave damage to 100.0, even with gear that increases damage.
Carbon Roller/Carbon Roller Deco/Splat Roller/Krak-On Splat Roller/Hero Roller Replica: adjusts the splash damage. Players can only splat their opponents in one hit with the centre of the Roller.
Dynamo Roller/Gold Dynamo Roller: increases the amount of time needed before the ink begins filling after splashing the Roller from 0.83 seconds to 1.17 seconds. Adjusts the splash damage. Players can only splat their opponents in one hit if the centre of the Roller is used.
E-Litre 3K/Custom E-Litre 3K/E-Litre 3K Scope/Custom E-Litre 3K Scope: the range of damage that can be done to opponents without fully charging the weapon adjusted to 40.0 – 100.0. Previously it was 40.0 – 120.0.
Inkzooka: decreases the fire rate from a maximum of 0.55 seconds to 0.92 seconds.
Ranked Battle adjustments
- Adjustments to the rules in Rainmaker and Tower Control modes.
- Players with S rank will be matched up with other S rank players more frequently, and rank S+ users will be matched up with other rank S+ users more frequently
- Adjustments to the calculation method for ranks S and S+ to accommodate this change
- Walleye Warehouse: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode
- Saltspray Rig: Adjustments to prevent users from placing Splash Walls in certain places
- Arowana Mall: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
- Kelp Dome: Small adjustments for Rainmaker mode
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments to stage layout in Rainmaker mode, plus other adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes and to prevent the attachment of Suction Bombs in certain places
- Hammerhead Bridge: Adjustments to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes
- Visual effects for tracking the position of teammates made less visible
- The launching sound effect for Inkzooka made more audible
- Fixes several battle issues.
Bug fixes in Battle Dojo
- Fixes an issue where Splash Walls do not block opponents’ bombs and Blasters
Other bug fixes
- Fixes the issue where the damage stats for Splattershot Jr., Custom Splattershot Jr., N-ZAP ‘85, and N-ZAP ‘89 are displayed as higher than they actually are. This only changes the information displayed. The actual stats remain the same.
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: 552 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.