Software update: March 9th 2016
A software update is now available that makes several adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be 2.6.0, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Arowana Mall: Changes to the layout in Turf Wars to match the layout in Splat Zones. The wire nettings that connect between high platforms will be removed.
- Moray Towers: Changes to the layout in Turf Wars to match the layout in Splat Zones
Matchmaking and team assignment adjustments
Until now, team assignment for Ranked Battles was completely random. After this software update, teams will be assigned with small consideration of the equipped weapons.
In Ranked Battles, players with the following rank combinations will no longer be matched together:
- S+ and S
- S and A+
- A- and B+
- B- and C+
Please note: this is subject to change in the future according to the length of time required for matchmaking.
Ranked Battle point adjustments
During a Ranked Battle, it's possible that one of your teammates could drop out – for example, due to a communication error – causing you to continue the remainder of the match at a disadvantage. If you lose in such a situation, then the length of time you were outnumbered will be considered and the amount of rank points you lose reduced.
Gear ability adjustments
Adjustments to gear abilities. Click here for more information. (PDF, 55 kB)
- During Splatfests, an indication of your team's Splatfest Power will be shown instead of the Vibe Meter
- The starting value for your team's Splatfest Power is based on factors including your rank when starting the Splatfest
- Your team's Splatfest Power changes as you win or lose matches during the Splatfest
- A player on the team with the most Splatfest Power will see a slightly larger increase of their Splatfest Power if they win
- Previously for Splatfests, players with similar play styles were matched together, but now instead players with similar Splatfest Powers will be matched together
- If the average Splatfest Power in a team is high, then they will gain more Splatfest Points if they win a match
- Where multiple players on your team have selected to keep playing, the number of matches played so far is displayed when starting the next match
- Changes the visual effect for the Killer Wail before it fires
Fixes for issues in battles
- Fixes an issue wherein if you do a Super Jump just as you restart from the starting point after being defeated, the effect of the Comeback ability would sometimes be slightly delayed
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: up to 764 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.