Changes to matchmaking
- Matchmaking for Regular Battles and Splatfest Battles is intended to match people with similar play styles as much as possible. There have now been changes to matchmaking to make it less likely that new players are matched with advanced players.
Changes to Rainmaker mode
- Added new areas that you can't take the Rainmaker in Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall and Flounder Heights.
- Note: If you are inside one of these areas while holding the Rainmaker, you will experience a penalty wherein the time you can carry the Rainmaker runs out faster than usual
- Arowana Mall: Changed the layout in all modes to prevent users from taking an unintentional shortcut
- Port Mackerel: Changed the layout in all modes to prevent users from taking an unintentional shortcut
- Flounder Heights: Changed the layout in all modes to prevent users from taking an unintentional shortcut
- Museum d'Alfonsino: Changed the layout in Rainmaker mode to prevent users from taking an unintentional shortcut
Bug fixes in online battles
- Fixes a bug in Rainmaker mode wherein the goal distance could move further than it should if the Rainmaker is captured in mid-air
- Fixes a bug in Rainmaker mode wherein a bomb blast could do damage to a Rainmaker shield, even if there was something between them
- Fixes a bug wherein if members of the same team had more than one Splash Wall placed closely together, the damage blocked by one could also be done to the others
- Fixes a bug wherein if you throw a bomb while standing next to a wall, the bomb wouldn't always follow the guide line and would instead just hit the wall
- Introduces several enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
This update is required in order to play online.
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.
Please note: 777 MB of available storage is required to perform this software update. Depending on the Wii U hardware pack you own and your use of it, an additional storage device may be required. Please visit our Storage section for details about additional storage devices.