Software update: August 27th 2014
A software update is now available that introduces new features and adjustments to enhance the overall experience. Please start the game while your Wii U console is connected to the internet to update the software. The software version after this update will be 2.0.
- Adds the ability to access the in-game shop and download three free Mercedes-Benz cars: Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster, and Silver Arrow
- Adds the ability to display the course map on the TV screen during races
- Adds "Play Stats" option to the main menu, allowing users to see gameplay statistics such as total number of coins collected, win-loss record in online play, and more
- Adds the ability to change options of others' Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event
- Changes the default menu option after each race to "Next Race", followed by "Watch Highlight Reel"
- Improves the vehicle selection process and saves the most recent vehicle customisation settings that were selected, even if the Wii U console is powered down between play sessions
- Improves stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience
- Increases the maximum attainable Player Rating and Battle Rating from 9999 to 99999
- Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment
Downloading updates will not affect any of your saved data.