Setting Wii Parental Controls
The Parental Controls setting allows you to manage what content is accessible to Wii console users. During the initial setup, you will be asked whether you wish to set up Parental Controls. You can also adjust Parental Controls at any time via System Settings.
Follow these steps to set up Parental Controls:
- Access the Wii System Settings from the Wii Menu.
- Click on the blue arrow to reach the Wii System Settings 2 menu options.
- Choose "Parental Controls" and select "Yes."
- Choose a PIN code to ensure that your child cannot change your chosen settings. You will be asked to enter the PIN twice to confirm.
- Select a secret question and answer in case you forget your PIN. This can used to retrieve access to Parental Controls if you forget your PIN.
- You can adjust the "Highest Game Rating Allowed" to be played on the Wii console. Please note that Parental Control settings do not affect Nintendo GameCube Game Discs.
- The system will take you through a number of questions, where you'll choose which features to restrict. Select "Yes" to block the feature or "No" to allow it. Select "OK" to move to the next setting.
- Once you have completed all settings, confirm the setting is as desired by clicking the "confirm" button on the bottom right corner. You will be returned to the Wii System Settings menu.
If you wish to change your settings at any time, please enter Parental Controls via Wii System Settings. You will need to enter the PIN code to access the Parental Controls software after it has been set up. From the Parental Controls front screen you can adjust settings, change your PIN, secret question and secret answer, or clear Parental Controls settings entirely.