What Is the Difference Between the Wii U and Nintendo Switch Versions (Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe)?
The Nintendo Switch version has all of the features that the Wii U version has, plus the following:
- Revamped Battle Mode with new courses, complete with rules like Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast. New Battle Mode courses include Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, plus returning ones like GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.
- Choose from new characters, such as Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones and Bowser Jr., and customise new vehicles.
- Two items can now be carried at once, and more items have been added, including returning favorites such as Boo, the item-stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in Battle Mode.
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.
- Play in TV mode in up to 1080p.
- Enjoy home-console-quality Mario Kart action anytime, anywhere with handheld mode.
- New optional Smart Steering feature makes it easier for kids and novice players to stay on the track, even at 200cc.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is compatible with the same amiibo, plus Animal Crossing and Splatoon amiibo cards and figures.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe includes all the DLC from the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8, including Mercedes karts.