How to Redeem a Download Code on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch
Instructions on redeeming a software download code in Nintendo Switch eShop.
- Download codes from retailers are located on a receipt or card.
- An Internet connection and Nintendo Account are required to access the Nintendo Switch eShop.
- For assistance with redeeming a code for a Nintendo Switch Online membership, click here.
- If you are away from your console but would still like to redeem your download code, please see our information on redeeming a download code online.
Complete These Steps:
- Select “Nintendo eShop” on the HOME Menu to launch Nintendo eShop.
- Select the account you want to use.
- Select “Redeem Code” on the left side of the screen.
- Enter the 16-character download code.
- Some retailer cards for Nintendo Switch software will include both a Control Number and a Download Code. Make sure that you are entering the Download Code (no hyphens in the number) and not the Control Number (has hyphens, e.g. XXXX-A00000-000000, F50EEUR-A00000-000000).
- Any letters and symbols not used with prepaid codes (i.e. O, I, Z, commas, hyphens, etc.) will be disabled from the on-screen keyboard.
- Select “Confirm” to confirm. The game will begin downloading once the code is confirmed.
- The game icon will appear on the HOME menu, with a download status bar. The status bar will disappear once the game download is complete.