Unable to sign in to a Nintendo Account or create one from a Nintendo app on an iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
The information in this article can help when you are unable to sign in to a Nintendo Account or create one from a Nintendo app running on an iOS device, such as an iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Please note that we have removed the ability to sign in to a Nintendo Account or create one via Facebook, Google, Twitter or Apple accounts from a Nintendo app running on an iOS device in compliance with iOS App Store review guidelines. This means that when using Nintendo mobile applications such as Mario Kart Tour on an iOS device it is now only possible to sign in using your Nintendo Account email address and password.
- The ability to sign in to a Nintendo Account or create one via Facebook, Google, Twitter or Apple accounts on a iOS device still remains possible when using Safari or any other web browser.
In order to sign in to your Nintendo Account from a Nintendo app running on an iOS device, you must use your Nintendo Account email address and password. You may have set up these credentials when you initially created your Nintendo Account, but if you have previously used an alternate sign-in method (Facebook, Google, Twitter or Apple account), you can set your email address and password using Safari or another web browser.
What to do
Have you already set a Nintendo Account password?
If you are having trouble signing in with your email address and password, follow our steps to reset your password.
- If you have never set up a Nintendo Account password before, when you are asked to enter your credentials in the application, you can select the forgot password option and follow our steps to reset and set up a new password.
- Alternatively, you can use Safari or another web browser to go to the Nintendo Account website.
- Select your known sign-in method to sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Select Change next to "Email Address" on the User Information page to view the email address you have registered to your Nintendo Account.
- If you wish to change your registered email address, click Submit and enter the verification code that is sent to you via email.
- Select Sign-In and Security Settings and select Edit next to "Change Password".
- Select Forgot your password?, then Submit to receive a verification code to set a password.
- After setting your password, we recommend setting up Two-Step Verification to secure your account.
- Return to the application you're using on your iOS device and enter the email address and password you have selected for your Nintendo Account.