While placed in the dock, the sound from the console speakers will automatically shut off.
What to Do:
- Ensure the Nintendo Switch console has the latest system update.
- With the console undocked, unplug any headphones from the console.
- If the setting “Mute when Headphones are Disconnected" is turned on, by unplugging a headphone set, the sound on the console speakers will be muted until the volume buttons are pressed, or this setting is manually turned off.
- To manually turn this setting off, select “System Settings" > “System" > “Mute when Headphones are Disconnected."
- Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for at least 3 seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart."
- Start a game or application and turn up the volume on the console by pressing the volume buttons, or adjust the volume from the Quick Settings screen.
- If there is no volume coming from one or both of the console speakers, try using a different game or application.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, the console will need to be repaired. If only one speaker is not working, please indicate if it is the left or right speaker.