No Sound on One or Both Speakers While the Console is Undocked
While in handheld mode or tabletop mode there is no sound coming from one or both of the console speakers on Nintendo Switch.
While placed in the dock, the sound from the console speakers will automatically shut off.
What to Do:
- Ensure the Nintendo Switch console has the latest system update.
- With the console undocked, unplug any headphones from the console.
- If the setting “Mute when Headphones are Disconnected" is turned on, by unplugging a headphone set, the sound on the console speakers will be muted until the volume buttons are pressed, or this setting is manually turned off.
- To manually turn this setting off, select “System Settings" > “System" > “Mute when Headphones are Disconnected."
- Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for at least 3 seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart."
- Start a game or application and turn up the volume on the console by pressing the volume buttons, or adjust the volume from the Quick Settings screen.
- If there is no volume coming from one or both of the console speakers, try using a different game or application.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, the console will need to be repaired. If only one speaker is not working, please indicate if it is the left or right speaker.