No Sound on One or Both Console Speakers
While in handheld mode or tabletop mode, there is no sound coming from one or both of the speakers on the Nintendo Switch console.
- While placed in the dock, the sound from the console speakers will automatically shut off.
- The Nintendo Switch Lite system is not compatible with the Nintendo Switch dock.
What to Do:
- Ensure the Nintendo Switch console has the latest system version.
- With the console removed from the dock, unplug any headphones from the console and ensure any Bluetooth audio devices are disconnected.
- If the setting “Mute When Headphones Are Disconnected" is turned on, unplugging headphones will mute the sound on the console speakers until the volume buttons are pressed or until this setting is manually turned off.
- To manually turn this setting off, select “System Settings" > “System" > “Mute When Headphones Are Disconnected".
- Restart the console by holding down the POWER Button for at least 3 seconds, then selecting "Power Options" > "Restart".
- Start a game or application and turn up the volume on the console using the volume buttons, or adjust the volume from the Quick Settings screen.
- If there is no sound coming from one or both of the console speakers, try using a different game or application.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the issue persists, the console will need to be repaired. If only one speaker is not working, please indicate if it is the left or right speaker.
Please click here to book a repair.