- When using the Joy-Con controllers wirelessly, the characters seem to move on their own or do not respond correctly.
- When used wirelessly, the Joy-Con controllers respond intermittently.
- The Joy-Con controller appears to lose connection with the console.
What to Do:
Try these steps:
- Ensure that your console has the latest system update.
- Ensure the Joy-Con controllers are charged.
- Try to decrease the distance between the Joy-Con and the Nintendo Switch console.
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console is placed to minimise interference with the Joy-Con. It is best if the Nintendo Switch console is placed out in the open and that it is not:
- Behind a TV
- Near an aquarium
- Placed in or under a metal object
- Pressed against a large amount of wires and cords
- Within three to four feet or another wireless device, such as a wireless speaker or a wireless access point.
- Check for possible sources of interference and turn them off. Interference can be caused by devices, such as:
- Cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Wireless headsets
- Wireless printers
- Wireless speakers
- Cordless phones
In most cases it will be enough to move these devices three to four feet away from the Nintendo Switch console and/or Joy-Con controllers. However, if you continue to experience this issue, please power these devices off while using the Nintendo Switch console.
If you have tried the steps above and the situation does not improve, please contact customer service.