Error Message: Linking to Nintendo Account Cancelled
The information in this article can help you if this error message appears while:
- You are trying to link a Nintendo Account to a mobile application (Mario Kart Tour, Super Mario Run, etc).
- The message appears during any other scenario involving a Nintendo Account.
Note: This message can appear if there is a mismatch between your Nintendo Account and the Nintendo Account that is already signed in on your browser. (For example, if two different Nintendo Account owners use the same smart device.)
What to do
- Clear any current Nintendo Account sign-in information from the browser that you're using, then try again.
- Sign out of your Nintendo Account (and any related linked accounts).
- If there are multiple tabs open in the browser, make sure that you check or close each one, and sign out of the Nintendo Account on those tabs as applicable.
- Clear the browser cache on the device that you're using.
- If you're signing in to your account using a link (for example, from a password reset email) or an app, make sure that the link is opening in the correct browser.
- If the link opens in a different browser, repeat the first step in the new browser to make sure the history is cleared in the new browser as well.
- You can also check your device settings to verify or reset the default browser that your device launches.
- Try using a different device or browser to access your Nintendo Account.
- You may need to adjust the default browser on your device to make sure it isn't launching the same browser as before.
- Check your browser's settings to make sure that cookies are enabled.
- Try updating the browser to make sure you are using the latest version.
- If you are using a smart device, visit either the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android) and search for the browser to check whether there is an update.
Situation not resolved
If the steps above do not resolve your issue, please contact us for additional assistance.