Error Code: 2005-0003
You are unable to download software on Nintendo Switch and receive the error code 2005-0003.
If you are using a microSD card on the console, ensure that the microSD card remains in the console until the download is complete. If you power off the console while a download is still occurring, do not remove or exchange the microSD card until you have confirmed the download has ended.
This error code may indicate an issue related to the microSD card being used.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system update.
- If your console is already up to date, restart it by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select "Power Options" > "Restart."
- If the issue persists and a microSD card is being used, try the following:
- Reseat the microSD card.
- Try a different microSD card.
If the download is not able to complete because of the microSD card being used, using a different microSD card may resolve this issue.
- Format the microSD card.
If you do not have an alternate microSD card, of if a second microSD card worked and you would like to try to use the first one, format the card's data, and then try again.
- Remove the microSD card, and then try to download the software onto the system memory.
If another microSD card is unavailable, remove the microSD card and then attempt to download the software. If the software is able to download to the system memory, either play the software from the system memory, or purchase a different microSD card for use in the Nintendo Switch console.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple supported microSD cards or when downloading to the system memory, the console will need to be repaired.