Error Code: 2002-2096
While playing a game on a Nintendo Switch console, error code 2002-2096 is displayed.
- If a microSD card is inserted or removed while the console is powered on in sleep mode, you will be prompted to restart the console.
- To ensure proper use, always shut off the console before removing or inserting a microSD card.
What to Do:
- Reseat and check the microSD card.
Power off the console and remove the microSD card. Check for any dirt or debris on the microSD card terminals and ensure that it is a supported type for your Nintendo Switch console.
- Perform a system update.
Reinsert the microSD card, then connect to the internet and perform a system update.
- If the error persists, try the following:
- Format the microSD card
- Try a different microSD card
- Remove the microSD card and download directly to the system memory
Situation Not Resolved:
If the error persists with multiple supported microSD cards or when downloading directly to the system memory, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Please click here to book a repair.