Error Code: 2-ALZAA-0014 or 2-ALZBA-0014 (Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield)
The information in this article can help when you receive error code 2-ALZAA-0014 or 2-ALZBA-0014 while using a Y-Comm feature in Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield.
This error occurs when the communication with the server has been interrupted. This is most often caused by a slow or unstable network connection, which may be due to wireless interference or unresponsive networking equipment.
- Restart the Nintendo Switch console
To restart the console, press the POWER Button for three seconds, and then select Power Options, followed by Restart.
- Power cycle your home network
Restarting your network devices may resolve this issue if it is related to the devices being unresponsive.
- Move the Nintendo Switch console closer to the wireless router
If possible, place the Nintendo Switch console within 3 to 4 metres (10 to 15 feet) of the wireless router to improve the signal strength during troubleshooting.
- It may be helpful to remove the Nintendo Switch console from the Nintendo Switch dock while troubleshooting, and then return the console when troubleshooting is complete.
- Move any metal objects or electronic devices away from your Nintendo Switch console and wireless router
Metal objects and electronic devices may interfere with wireless signals. If you have any of these, such as filing cabinets, speakers, power strips, glass, or cordless phones, next to your console or wireless router, move them away.
- If supported by your router, connect to a different wireless band
Many routers support both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequency bands. If your router supports both, set up a new internet connection and connect to the band you are not currently connecting to. Many routers will have default SSID names that label whether the connection is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, but if you're not sure, you can review this information within your router's settings.
Situation not resolved
If you are still unable to connect, this may indicate an issue related to the network environment or router being used.
If you would like to continue troubleshooting potential issues related to the router, contact the router's manufacturer for assistance with performing the following steps:
- Updating the router's firmware
- Resetting the router back to its factory default settings