Download of Software or Update Data is Stuck or Will Not Progress
When downloading software on the Nintendo Switch console, the download progress does not begin, is paused, or appears stuck.
Some games and software will pause downloads when they are being played. This is generally done to ensure the best experience when using a game's online features and services.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has an active Internet connection.
- If software is currently being played, save your in-game progress and then close the software.
- Software can be closed from the HOME Menu by highlighting the software title and pressing the X Button.
- If the issue persists, restart the console, and then wait for the console to connect online. Shortly after connecting online, the download should start to progress as long as you have not started any software that may pause the download.
- If the download is progressing slowly, test your Nintendo Switch console's Internet connection. If you find the download speeds are slower than expected, attempt to resolve any network related issues which may be causing these slow downloads.