Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Experiencing Gameplay Issues After Attempting to Remodel an Island Resident’s Home
The information in this article can help if you encounter an error in Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Nintendo Switch that may affect your gameplay experience.
We are aware of an error in the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game that will cause some gameplay issues when the specific sequence below is followed.
If you have downloaded the Happy Home Paradise DLC and unlocked the ability to remodel resident homes on your island by talking to Tom Nook at Resident Services, you may experience gameplay issues if you request to remodel a resident’s home while the gates at your airport are open.
The error does not occur in the following cases, so you will be able to play the game without issue:
- If the gates at the airport are open but you have not asked Tom Nook about remodelling a resident’s home
- If you ask Tom Nook about remodelling a resident’s home while the gates at the airport are closed.
- Note: Vacation homes in the Happy Home Paradise DLC can be remodelled without any issues.
If the bug occurs, there will be no impact on other players who were visiting your island, or on the save data for the game such as the island or residents.
Any changes made while remodelling an island resident’s home will take effect from the next day. If you make a new request then the home will be successfully remodelled.
We apologise for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing this error, please follow the steps below.
What to Do
- End your play session and close the game.
- Update the game software.