The Kart Has No Power or is Unable to Charge (Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit)
The information in this article can help you when the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit kart will not power on or will not charge.
- The kart cannot be charged while it is powered on.
- The kart can be charged by:
- Connecting it to the Nintendo Switch dock via the included USB charging cable (model HAC-010).
- Connecting it directly to the Nintendo Switch AC adapter (sold separately).
- Connecting it to the Nintendo USB AC adapter (model CLV-003, sold separately).
- It takes approximately 3.5 hours to charge the kart.
- When charging via the dock while the Nintendo Switch console is docked and in use, it can take approximate 4.6 hours to fully charge the kart.
- If you would like to use the included USB charging cable with a standard household socket, please use a USB-compatible AC adapter.
- Note: While some USB-compatible devices may be able to supply power to the kart, Nintendo cannot recommend any particular device. Please make sure to follow the instructions of any third-party device.
- You may find our information on charging the kart helpful.
What to do
- Hold the Ignition Button on the kart for at least a few seconds to ensure that it is powered off.
- Reset the Nintendo Switch AC adapter by unplugging it from both ends for at least thirty seconds.
- Connect the Nintendo Switch AC adapter to the kart and allow the kart to charge for at least 15 minutes.
After allowing the kart to charge, is the red brake light lit solidly?
Note: If the red brake light is lit solidly, this indicates that the kart is charging.
Unplug the AC adapter from the kart and press the Ignition Button to power it on.
- If the kart does not power on, there may be an issue with the kart battery and it will need to come in for inspection.
Please click here to contact us.
Note: If the red brake light does not turn on while attempting to charge the kart, the issue could be with either the kart or the AC adapter.
- Try connecting the AC adapter to a different wall socket.
- Test the Nintendo Switch AC adapter by connecting it to the console or to another compatible device, such as the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.