The Kart Does Not Recognise a Gate While Driving (Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit)
The information in this article can help you when the Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit kart is unable to recognise one or more gates set up on a course.
- Clean the kart camera.
Ensure that the kart camera is not dirty or obstructed. Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe any dirt or debris from the camera.
- Check the placement of the gate.
- If the gate is set up where bright sources of light, such as sunlight, are reflecting off it, or in areas that are too dark, it may be difficult for the kart camera to recognise the gate. Try adjusting the ambient lighting or place the gate in another location, then set up the course again.
- If the gate is set up on a corner, it may not be recognised if you pass through it while turning at a high speed. Try placing the gate on a straight section of the course.
- Check the playing surface.
Ensure that the course is set up on a flat surface. If the course is bumpy and the kart camera is shaken a lot while the kart is running, the gate may not be recognised properly.
- Verify the number of gates.
The game can only recognise one set of 4 gates. If additional gates are set up on the course, they will not be recognised.
- Check the condition of the gate.
Remove any dirt, debris or objects that may reflect light, such as adhesive tape, from the gate.
- If the dirt cannot be removed, you can cover it using white paper.
Please note: to view the files in .PDF format, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded for free. If you wish to save the .PDF file to your computer for later use, right click the link and choose "Save Link As" or "Save Target As".
- If the kart is unable to recognise any gate, there may be an issue with the kart camera, and the kart will need to come in for inspection. Please contact us for support.