Solid Colour on Screen
The touch screen of the Nintendo Switch console is orange, blue or any other solid colour and will not respond.
If the image seems discoloured or distorted while the console is in TV mode, click here.
What to Do:
- With the console removed from the dock, attach the Joy-Con controllers.
- If this issue is happening while the console is in TV mode, verify you are using the Nintendo Switch dock (model No. HAC-007).
- If a different accessory is being used, replacing it with the licensed dock may resolve the problem.
- Hold down the POWER Button on the console for at least 12 seconds to force the console to shut down. Then power on the console again.
Is the image displaying correctly on the console screen?
Situation Not Resolved:
If the touch screen remains orange, blue or any other solid colour, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.
Please click here to begin the repair process.
- Ensure the console has the latest system version and monitor the situation.