Software Displays “Purchased” in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch
The information in this article can help you when a specific game or DLC item displays as Purchased in Nintendo eShop, but there is no option to redownload it.
When a game is listed as Purchased in Nintendo eShop, it means the game has already been purchased by a Nintendo Account using the same Nintendo Switch console as their primary console.
What to Do:
- Scroll through the HOME Menu to see if the game has already been downloaded to your console.
- You may need to select All Software to view your full list of downloaded games.
- If the game is not appearing on the HOME Menu, it can be redownloaded at no cost using the same Nintendo Account that was originally used to purchase it.
- To redownload the game, access Nintendo eShop using the Nintendo Account that originally purchased the game, select your user icon in the top-right corner to access your Account Information and highlight Redownload. Select the game in the list of previously purchased titles, then select the orange icon to redownload it.
- If the game does not appear in the list of previously purchased titles, a different Nintendo Account was originally used to purchase the game. Try again with the other accounts on the console until you locate the one that was used to make the purchase.
Situation Not Resolved
If you wish to purchase the game using a different Nintendo Account, you will need to either deregister the primary console of the Nintendo Account with which the content was purchased or delete the user account to which the Nintendo Account, with which the content was purchased, is linked.
- To deregister the primary console, follow our steps for How to Deregister a Nintendo Switch Console.
- The owner of the Nintendo Account must enter their password to deregister their primary console. No data is lost or deleted during this process.
- To delete the user, follow our steps for How to Delete a User Account on Nintendo Switch.
- All save data associated to the user account will be deleted.
- The Nintendo Account will be unlinked, but it will not be deleted. Software purchased with the Nintendo Account cannot be played until the Nintendo Account is re-linked to a new user account.