Ring Fit Adventure Q&A
The Ring Fit Adventure game is a brand-new innovative new entertainment experience from Nintendo, for both gamers and non-gamers alike. The experience naturally incorporates fitness into the fun of an adventure game and allows players to take turns competing for high scores with friends and family. Ring Fit Adventure features the new Ring-Con and leg strap accessories. When a Joy-Con controller is attached, the Ring-Con responds to the player’s movements and exertions. The leg strap goes around a player’s thigh and holds a Joy-Con, which responds to the movements of the lower body. Using these accessories, Ring Fit Adventure turns real-world exercise into in-game actions.
What is Ring Fit Adventure?
- Ring Fit Adventure is a fresh, new kind of experience in which players explore an adventure world and conquer enemies using real-life fitness exercises. The fun nature of an adventure game motivates players to regularly exercise as they continue their journey.
- The included Ring-Con and leg strap accessories, new for this software, allow the game to convert the user’s real-world movements into in-game actions. For instance, they allow you to jog in place to move your character through the world, and turn squats and twists into powerful attacks.
- Players can use additional exercises to take turns competing against friends and family for top scores, turning fitness into a fun activity for people of various skill levels and lifestyles.
What is the launch date?
18 October 2019
How much does it cost?
The final price for consumers is set by retailers.
What is included with the game?
- The Ring Fit Adventure game card, which can be played on a Nintendo Switch console
- The Ring-Con and leg strap accessories
Will a digital version of the game be available? Will the Ring-Con and leg strap accessories be available to purchase separately?
- Ring Fit Adventure will be available only as a physical game card packaged with the Ring-Con and leg strap.
- There are no plans to offer the accessories for individual purchase at retail.
Do I need a Nintendo Switch console to play?
A Nintendo Switch console is required to play. If you are using a Nintendo Switch Lite system, additional accessories (sold separately) are required.
Can I use Ring Fit Adventure with Nintendo Switch Lite?
- A Nintendo Switch console with detachable controllers is recommended to play Ring Fit Adventure.
- Ring Fit Adventure can be used with a Nintendo Switch Lite system if the player connects one left Joy-Con controller and one right Joy-Con controller (sold separately). If using a Nintendo Switch Lite system and separate, wirelessly connected Joy-Con controllers, users will need to have a stand as well as a device to recharge the controllers, such as the Joy-Con charging grip.
Does the game offer any accommodations for players with limited mobility or dexterity?
- In Adventure mode, some in-game motions can be assigned to button presses, which may assist those with limited mobility in certain instances.
- It is possible to change the category of a Fit Skill by using a certain kind of item. For example, Arm Skills can be used to inflict Leg Skill damage.
- Players should consult their doctor or relevant fitness professional if they intend to start a fitness regimen or have any concerns with their ability to play Ring Fit Adventure.