Regional Compatibility FAQ
Are Nintendo Switch game cards region locked?
Nintendo Switch game cards are not region locked.
Can a Nintendo Switch console run games from a different region?
Although Nintendo Switch software sold in regions outside of Europe will work with Nintendo Switch consoles sold in Europe, we have not tested all overseas software with consoles from all regions and cannot guarantee full service and support. Therefore, we recommend that players purchase software that is specifically made for their Nintendo Switch console's region.
Can I access Nintendo eShop for another region?
- The Nintendo eShop country on Nintendo Switch will be determined by the country/region setting in your Nintendo Account.
- Please note that your Nintendo eShop balance does not carry over if you change your Nintendo Account country/region setting.
Can I use a Nintendo eShop Card from another country or region on my console?
Nintendo eShop Cards are compatible only for the Nintendo eShop country or region where they were intended to be sold. If you purchased a Nintendo eShop Card for a different country or region, we cannot replace it, exchange it, or offer a refund.
Can DLC for one region be used with the same software title from another region?
No, DLC will only work with games that are released for the same region as the DLC.
- You can identify the supported region by checking the game packaging or by going to the game's Options menu , then selecting "Software Information" > "Support Information".
For most games, the supported regions for that software will be displayed there:
Can I use my Nintendo Switch console in another country/region?
Although it is possible, there are different factors to consider such as voltage requirements, wireless communication requirements, warranty coverage, etc.
Can I use accessories purchased overseas?
- Although some accessories may work, we cannot ensure compatibility between consoles and accessories for all regions.
- To ensure proper service and support, Nintendo recommends using Nintendo Switch licensed accessories in the country where they were purchased.
- Use of unlicensed accessories may void the console's limited warranty.
Can I get my console serviced under warranty in another country/region?
- No, the limited warranty is applicable only within the country/region where the console was intended to be sold.
- To ensure proper performance, service and support, Nintendo recommends using the Nintendo Switch console in the country where it was purchased.