Message: "The save data on the server is not a continuation of the data on this console."
- While trying to download save data from the server to a Nintendo Switch console, the following message is displayed: "The save data on the server is not a continuation of the data on this console."
- An active Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the Save Data Cloud service.
- This issue may occur if, after backing up your save data from one console to the server, you then played the same game on another console without first downloading the save data from the server.
What to Do:
Keep in mind that, once save data is overwritten, it cannot be recovered.
- Verify that the Automatically Back Up Save Data setting is enabled for each user on the console, and that the console is connected to the internet.
- If after playing a game on one console, you intend to play on a different console, ensure you download the latest save data from the server prior to starting your game on the second console.