Nintendo Account Was Deleted or Deactivated
- A Nintendo Account (and associated My Nintendo activity) was deleted.
- Error Message: Nintendo Account has been deactivated and will be deleted permanently after 30 days.
- Error Message: This account has been deactivated and cannot be used.
- You may reactivate your account for a period of 30 days after deletion. Once the 30-day time frame has passed, the account will be permanently deleted and cannot be restored.
- Nintendo Accounts for children can only be reactivated through the parent / guardian’s account.
- This error will appear on http://accounts.nintendo.com and on Nintendo Switch systems if you attempt to use a Nintendo Account that has been deactivated.
What to Do:
- Go to https://accounts.nintendo.com and sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Click "Reactivate" to restore your account.
- To restore a child’s account, click “Family group,” then click “Reactivate” on the child’s account you wish to restore.
- Please note - we cannot guarantee that all data will be restored to reactivated accounts.
Situation Not Resolved:
- If you are unable to reactivate your Nintendo Account, this means that it has been over 30 days since the account was deleted. After 30 days, the account is permanently deleted from our files and cannot be restored.
- Deleting your Nintendo Account deletes various information that is associated to your account, but it does NOT delete your Nintendo Network ID or any linked social network accounts.
- If you would still like to participate in the Nintendo Account service, you will need to create a new Nintendo Account.
Search the Support section