My Nintendo Points Overview
My Nintendo members can earn My Nintendo points by completing various missions or purchasing downloadable games from the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or by redeeming a retailer-issued download code. My Nintendo points can then be redeemed for various Nintendo-themed rewards through the My Nintendo website.
You can also use My Nintendo Gold Points as payment towards eligible digital Nintendo Switch game and DLC purchases in Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch and on the Nintendo website.
For additional information about this new feature, Click Here.
There are two kinds of My Nintendo points:
- Platinum Points:
- Gold Points:
- Gold Points can be earned by purchasing eligible digital games for Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, and Wii U or DLC for Nintendo Switch from the official Nintendo website, Nintendo eShop, or by redeeming a retailer-issued download code.
- Gold Points can be earned by registering physical games for Nintendo Switch only. (Physical software for other consoles/systems does not qualify for Gold Points.)
- Physical software for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, DLC for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo Switch Online membership purchases and automatic renewal, passes, in-game items, virtual currency, themes and free software do not qualify for Gold Points.
- When purchasing a downloadable game for Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, you must link your Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account before making your purchase to earn Gold Points for the game.
- For additional details about earning My Nintendo points, please click here.
- Different types of points are valid for different lengths of time:
- Gold Points are valid until the last day of the month 12 months after you earn them. (For example, points earned on 15 April 2018 would expire on 30 April 2019.)
- Platinum Points (all types) are valid until the last day of the month 6 months after you earn them. (For example, points earned on 15 April 2019 would expire on 31 October 2019.)
- My Nintendo points cannot be transferred, sold, or traded to other people.
- One type of My Nintendo points cannot be exchanged for another. (For example, Super Mario Run Platinum Points cannot be exchanged for Gold Points.)
- You can check the My Nintendo points you've earned, how you've redeemed them, and what points will expire via the Point Log page of the My Nintendo website when signed in to your Nintendo Account.
- From time to time, Nintendo will distribute point codes that can be redeemed for My Nintendo points. For help redeeming a My Nintendo point code, Click Here.