Joy-Con Motion Controls Are Not Responding Correctly or Cannot Be Calibrated
- The motion controls on the Joy-Con such as tilt or shake are not responding correctly.
- You are unable to calibrate the motion controls on the Joy-Con.
- If it is the buttons or the control stick on the Joy-Con that are not responding correctly, click here.
- If the Joy-Con controller(s) are not recognised at all while attached to the console, click here.
What to Do:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version installed.
- Update the controller firmware.
- With the Joy-Con detached, reset the controller by pressing the SYNC Button once. Then press any other button to power on the Joy-Con again.
- Ensure that nothing is covering the IR Motion Camera on the Joy-Con (R).
- If a protective cover is being used with the Joy-Con, remove it temporarily.
- Some games such as Eating Contest within 1-2-Switch specifically require the IR Motion Camera to play.
- Calibrate the motion controls on the Joy-Con.
- Verify that the software or application you are using supports motion controls.
- Some games such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe require the motion controls to be activated manually.
Situation Not Resolved:
If the motion controls are not responding with any supported software, or if the motion controls calibration fails, then the non-working Joy-Con controller(s) will need to be repaired.
Please contact our Customer Support.