Issues with Nintendo Account Two-Step Verification Code
The information in this article can help you when, after setting up 2-step notification requirement, you are unable to access the verification code required to sign in to your Nintendo Account.
- Once 2-step verification is enabled, you will need to sign in using BOTH your password and a 6-digit code sent to your smart device via the Google Authenticator app.
What to Do:
- Launch the Google Authenticator application on your smart device. The 6-digit code is displayed on the app.
- The app is required to set up the two-step verification feature, so you would have downloaded it when you set up 2-step verification for your Nintendo Account.
- If the 6-digit code is not working on an Android phone, try using the Time sync feature:
- Open the Google Authenticator app.
- Tap the "more options" icon and then Settings.
- Tap Time correction for codes.
- Tap Sync now.
- Click “Enter backup code” on the 2-Step Verification page during the sign-in process, and enter one of your 10 backup codes.
- 10 backup codes were provided when the 2-step security was initially set up, with the direction to copy and save them to a safe place.
- For general assistance with the Google Authenticator app, please see the “Help & Feedback” section of the application on your smart device.