Information About Nintendo Switch Online Family Memberships
Purchasing a Nintendo Switch Online family membership provides the Nintendo Switch Online service to everyone in the purchaser’s Nintendo Account family group (up to 8 Nintendo Account users).
- Family memberships can be purchased by anyone aged 18+.
- Players using a family membership can access the Nintendo Switch Online service via the same Nintendo Switch console or multiple consoles - everyone does not have to use the same console.
- Multiple users on the same console are not automatically covered by a family membership. If one player purchases a family membership, the others will still need to be added to the family group to use the service.
- The Nintendo Switch Online membership will automatically apply to everyone in the family group, including people that are added to the group later.
- The purchaser does not have to be the admin for the family group. However, only the admin for the family group can add or remove people from the group.
- If the person that purchased the family membership leaves the family group, the other members of the family group can no longer use the features of the Nintendo Switch Online service (including the Save Data Cloud service) until they become a member again.
- If a person that did not purchase the family membership leaves the family group, they will no longer be covered by the service.
- Nintendo Accounts covered by a family membership cannot purchase or redeem a code for an individual membership.
- Family memberships cannot be combined with individual memberships to extend the validity period.
- If someone with an individual membership joins a group with a family membership, they will receive the service for the length of time that is longest - they will not receive both validity periods total.
- If you are added to someone else’s family membership, make sure to adjust your automatic renewal settings appropriately.
- For additional details, click here.