How to Visit Another Player's Dream Island (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
In this article, you'll learn how to visit other players' islands that they have uploaded to the dream library in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
In order to use the dream feature in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you must:
- Update the game to version 1.4.0 or later.
- Be connected to the internet.
- Have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- Set your Nintendo Switch console to the correct date.
- Enable "Free Communication With Others" if Parental Controls restrictions have been set for your Nintendo Account.
- Have at least 5 animal residents living on your island.
- Have your first home on the island (not including the tent) and a bed.
- Remove your wand transformation, if equipped.
- Close your island gates and play solo.
The first time these conditions are met, you will receive a letter from Luna the following day containing Luna's Bed.
Dreaming in Animal Crossing: New Horizons allows you to visit other players' islands even while they are not playing. Because these island visits happen only in dreams, you will not be able to make any changes to the actual islands. In order to visit another player's dream island, you will need their Dream Address.
Complete these steps
- Enter your home in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and lie down on any bed furniture.
- Select Yeah, I want to sleep... when prompted.
- If you are not asked if you want to sleep, make sure you have updated the game to the latest version.
- Select I want to dream after Luna explains what you can do in dreams.
- Enter the Dream Address of the island you wish to visit when prompted.
- A player can choose to remove their island from the dream library. When this occurs, their Dream Address will no longer work.
- When you are ready to stop visiting the dream island and return to your own island, lie down in the bed in the plaza.