How to Use the Poké Ball Plus Accessory (Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!/Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!)
Instructions on using the Poké Ball Plus accessory with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!.
- You can have one Pokémon at a time from Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! in your Poké Ball Plus accessory.
- When you send a Pokémon into the Poké Ball Plus, you can carry it around with you as you walk around in the real world. The more you walk and play with your Pokémon, the faster it will grow!
- Each Poké Ball Plus accessory also contains the Mythical Pokémon Mew as a special bonus!
Complete These Steps:
You can use the Poké Ball Plus as an in-game controller, take a Pokémon out for a stroll, and add the Mythical Pokémon Mew to your game.
How do you want to use the Poké Ball Plus?
- Each time you start the game, you will be prompted to select the controller type.
- You can also adjust this during gameplay by pressing the X Button to open the in-game menu, then the Y Button (“Options”). Select “Open Controller Settings” to adjust the controller configuration.
- Pair the Poké Ball Plus with the game to use it as your in-game controller.
- Make sure to wear the wrist strap and support ring when using the Poké Ball Plus.
- When using the Poké Ball Plus as a controller, the control stick button acts as the A Button on the Joy-Con, while the Top Button acts as the B Button.
- Press the Top Button on the Poké Ball Plus to open the game menu.
- Shake the Poké Ball Plus twice within the menu screen to access the Options menu.
- Select “Get Ready” and make a gentle throwing motion with the Poké Ball Plus during encounters with wild Pokémon to throw out a Poké Ball and catch it!
- Please note the following when using the Poké Ball Plus with Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!.
- One Pokémon at a time can be moved to the Poké Ball Plus.
- Pokémon can only be returned to the same game that they came from – they can’t be transferred to a different copy of the game.
- Launch Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! from the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
- Press the X Button during gameplay to access the in-game menu.
- Select “Save”.
- Select “Take your Pokémon for a stroll”.
- This option becomes available after you have battled your rival for the first time.
- When prompted, press the Control Stick or the Top Button on your Poké Ball Plus to connect it to the game. Once it's connected, press the Control Stick again to continue.
- Choose the Pokémon you want to take (“Partner Pokémon” or “Pokémon Box”) to copy it to the Poké Ball Plus.
- Note that this is just a copy of your Pokémon. The Pokémon will still be available to use in the Nintendo Switch game while the copy is on the Poké Ball Plus.
- While in the Poké Ball Plus, you can take the Pokémon for a stroll and play with it by shaking the Poké Ball Plus.
- To return the Pokémon, repeat steps 2-6. Select “Yes” when asked if you would like your Pokémon to come back from a stroll.
- Any experience or rewards earned while on the Poké Ball Plus will be added to the Nintendo Switch version of the Pokémon.
- For help transferring the Mythical Pokémon Mew from the Poké Ball Plus to your game, click here.