How to Use the GameCube Controller With Nintendo Switch
Step by step instructions on how to connect and use the GameCube Controller with the Nintendo Switch console.
- The GameCube controller is supported on Nintendo Switch consoles running system version 5.0.0. or higher.
- To use this controller with Nintendo Switch, the GameCube Controller Adapter is required and is sold separately.
- Controller vibration is only available for the GameCube controller in supported software, for example Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- This controller is only compatible in TV mode, as the GameCube Controller Adapter connects to the Nintendo Switch dock.
Complete These Steps:
- Ensure your console has the latest system version.
- Put the Nintendo Switch console in TV mode and connect both USB plugs from the GameCube Controller Adapter to the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Connect the GameCube controller to an available port on the GameCube Controller Adapter.
- Once connected, press any button on the GameCube controller for it to register on the console.
- When used with a Nintendo Switch console, the GameCube controller is recognised as a standard USB controller.