How to Upload Your Island to the Library of Dreams (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
In this article, you'll learn how to upload your island to the library of dreams in Animal Crossing: New Horizons so that other players can visit your dream island.
In order to use the dream feature in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you must:
- Update the game to version 1.4.0 or later.
- Be connected to the internet.
- Have an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- Set your Nintendo Switch console to the correct date.
- Enable "Free Communication With Others" if Parental Controls restrictions have been set for your Nintendo Account.
- Have your first home on the island (not including the tent) and a bed.
- Remove your wand transformation, if equipped.
- Close your island gates and play solo.
Dreaming in Animal Crossing: New Horizons allows you to upload the current version of your island for other players to visit. Because these island visits happen only in dreams, other players will not be able to make any changes to impact your actual island, but they can bring back any designs you have displayed in your Custom Designs Portal. In order for other players to visit your dream island, you will need to share your Dream Address with them.
Complete these steps
- Enter your home in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and lie down on any bed furniture.
- Select Yeah, I want to sleep... when prompted.
- If you are not asked if you want to sleep, make sure you have updated the game to the latest version.
- Select I'd like to share a dream after Luna explains what you can do in dreams.
- After Luna uploads your dream island, she will give you a Dream Address. This Dream Address will also appear on your passport and island map by default.
- It is possible to remove the Dream Address from your passport and island map if you prefer. Ask Luna About the dream I shared... and select Adjust Dream Address privacy to change these settings.
- Anyone who enters your Dream Address will now be able to visit the dream version of your island.