How to Unlink a Nintendo Switch Console From the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls App
Instructions on removing the link between a Nintendo Switch console and the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app.
- Parental Control restrictions on the console will usually be removed when the app is unlinked. If you still want to restrict certain features, you will need to reset the restrictions after the app has been removed.
- Unlinking the app will not affect Nintendo eShop restrictions that have been set up through a Nintendo Account.
Complete These Steps:
Do you want to use the Nintendo Switch console or your smart device to remove the link?
- On the Nintendo Switch console, select “System Settings” from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight “Parental Controls”, then select “Unlink App.”
- This option will only appear if the console has been linked to the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app.
- Enter the Parental Controls PIN. (Forgot PIN?)
- Select “Unregister.”
- Select “OK” to return to the system settings.
- Launch the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap the + icon in the upper-right corner.
- A list will appear of all linked consoles. Locate the console that you want to remove, and tap the info icon next to it.
- Tap “Unlink”.
- Read through the information on the screen, then tap “Unlink” again.
- The app will no longer be linked to the Nintendo Switch console.