How to Turn Flight Mode On/Off
Instructions for activating and deactivating Flight Mode on a console in the Nintendo Switch family.
Flight Mode can be enabled in handheld mode or tabletop mode only. It cannot be used in TV mode.
Complete These Steps:
From the System Settings menu:
- From the HOME Menu, select “System Settings”.
- From the options on the left, select “Flight Mode”.
- Select “Flight Mode” on the right-hand side, then press A to activate it. To deactivate it, press A again.
- When Flight Mode is activated, all wireless communication, such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, will be turned off. Some types of wireless communication can still be switched on manually when the console is in Flight Mode.
- If the Joy-Con controllers are detached from the console when Flight Mode is activated (tabletop mode), you must use the touch screen to enable Bluetooth communications within System Settings > Flight Mode > Controller Connection (Bluetooth), otherwise you will not be able to operate the console using the Joy-Con controllers.
From the Quick Settings screen:
- Press and hold the HOME Button for at least one second to access Quick Settings.
- From the Quick Settings screen, select “Flight Mode”, then press A to activate it. To deactivate it, press A again.