How to Test the Controller Buttons
Instructions for testing the buttons on the Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
The following buttons do not include an input test on the console:
- HOME Button
- Capture Button
- POWER Button
- Volume Buttons
- SYNC Button
Complete These Steps:
- From the HOME Menu, select “System Settings”, then scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select “Controllers and Sensors”.
- Select “Test Input Devices”, then “Test Controller Buttons”.
- Press the button or control stick on the controller you wish to test.
- In addition to allowing for analog input, the control sticks can also function as buttons for compatible software.
- An icon for the button or control stick that was pressed will be displayed on the screen.
- Press and hold down any button to end the test.