How to Set the Primary Console for a Nintendo Account
Instructions on setting a Nintendo Switch console as the primary console for your Nintendo Account.
- Anyone that uses the primary console for your Nintendo Account can play the downloadable software that you’ve purchased with that Nintendo Account.
- You can set one primary console per Nintendo Account.
- When you sign in to your Nintendo Account on non-primary consoles, you will still be able to access downloadable software purchased with your Nintendo Account. However, other players will not be able to access your software on the non-primary console. For additional information, click here.
Complete These Steps:
- Once you have signed in with a Nintendo Account, the first Nintendo Switch console you use to access Nintendo eShop will automatically be registered as your primary console.
- If you want to change your primary console, you can deregister the current primary console. Whichever console you next use to access Nintendo eShop will automatically be set as the primary console for your Nintendo Account.