How to Set Nintendo eShop Restrictions
Instructions on managing purchase restrictions for the Nintendo Switch console or on the official Nintendo website.
Important: If you are not yet supervising the account you want to set restrictions for, you will need to do one of the following:
- Create a new account for the child (age 15 and under)
- Associate their existing Nintendo Account to yours (age 16 and older)
- Set the Nintendo Account as supervised (if it already exists within your family group)
- You may also find our information on setting Parental Controls for Nintendo 3DS helpful.
- Restrictions for purchases on Nintendo Switch and the official Nintendo website can only be set through a parent/guardian’s Nintendo Account in a Nintendo Account family group.
- A parent/guardian can manage purchase restrictions, including automatic renewal, for any Nintendo Accounts that have been added to or created by the parent/guardian’s Nintendo Account.
Complete These Steps:
- Sign in to your existing parent/guardian Nintendo Account to access your Nintendo Account settings.
- Select “Family Group”.
- A list of all supervised accounts in the family group will appear on the screen. Select the Nintendo Account for which you want to manage restrictions.
- Select each setting that you want to adjust:
- Spending Restrictions - Check the box to disable purchases and automatic renewal options on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch AND the official Nintendo website.
- Age-Based Purchase Restrictions - Check the box to restrict the content that can be seen on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch. Content will automatically be restricted based on the player’s age.
- Select “Save changes” to confirm the change.