How to Set Nintendo eShop Restrictions
Instructions on managing purchase restrictions via the Nintendo Switch console or the official Nintendo website.
- Restrictions on Nintendo eShop purchases made using a Nintendo Switch console or the official Nintendo website can only be set through a parent or guardian’s Nintendo Account in a family group.
- A parent or guardian can manage purchase restrictions, including automatic renewal settings, for any Nintendo Accounts that have been added to or created by the parent or guardian’s account.
Complete These Steps:
- Sign in to your existing parent or guardian Nintendo Account to access your Nintendo Account settings.
- Click “Family Group”.
- A list of all supervised accounts in the family group will appear on the screen. Click the Nintendo Account for which you want to manage restrictions.
- If you are not yet supervising the account for which you want to place restrictions, you will need to do one of the following:
- Select each setting that you want to adjust:
- Restrict spending in Nintendo eShop - Check the box to disable purchases and automatic renewal options on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch AND the official Nintendo website.
- Restrict purchases on Nintendo eShop based on age - Check “Restrict” to restrict the content that can be seen on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch. Content will automatically be restricted based on the player’s age.
- Click “Save changes” to confirm the change.