How to Report Profanity or Offensive Behaviour (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
In this article, you'll learn how to report an inappropriate player or island name, bulletin board post, custom design, chat comment or disruptive player behaviour in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
- Multiplayer features in Animal Crossing: New Horizons are restricted to players that share the same Nintendo Switch console, have been added to your Nintendo Switch friend list, or that you share a specific code (Dodo Code) with outside of the game.
- If a player from another island is behaving inappropriately, you can remove them from your friend list to block them from visiting your island again.
- If an animal resident has started saying an offensive catchphrase or nickname or if they are wearing an offensive custom design, the content was created by a player on the island. Follow our steps on How to Change an Animal Resident's Catchphrase, Nickname or Attire.
Complete these steps
- Navigate to the appropriate area with the content that you want to report.
- To report content in a letter - open your mailbox and locate the letter you want to report.
- To report a bulletin board post - go to the Bulletin Board and select the post to report.
- To report content in another player's profile - at any point during an online session, press the - Button to call up the in-game menu. Select View another's passport and select the appropriate passport.
- To report a custom design in the tailor shop - locate the design in the tailor shop, then select the column and row where the design is located.
- To report a custom design in the design terminal - use the user ID or design ID to locate the offensive design.
- To report a chat message - access the NookPhone and select Chat Log. Scroll through the chat history until you find the message you want to report.
- To report another player's behaviour - at any point during an online session with the other player, press the - Button to call up the in-game menu. Select Report.
- Press the - Button to select Report.
- Highlight the specific content to report if prompted, then select Report.
- Select the reason for your report, then select Next.
- Add any additional details, then select Report.