How to Remove Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
Instructions on removing the Parental Controls set for a Nintendo Switch console.
- Parental Controls can be managed on the Nintendo Switch console or through the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls application for smart devices.
- Nintendo eShop restrictions can only be managed through the supervising Nintendo Account profile settings on a PC or smart device (accessible by signing in to http://accounts.nintendo.com).
Complete These Steps:
Note: If you have already linked the smart device application to your console, you will need to unlink the app from the Nintendo Switch console.
- Select “System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight “Parental Controls”, then select “Change Settings”.
- Enter the Parental Controls PIN for the console.
- If you have forgotten the PIN, it will need to be reset.
- Press the X Button (“Delete Settings”) to remove the Parental Controls settings and PIN.
- Select “OK” to return to the system settings.
To completely remove the Parental Controls settings, you will need to unlink the app from the Nintendo Switch console. For help removing the link, click here.
- All Parental Controls restrictions will be removed from the console when the app is unlinked.
For help managing Nintendo eShop restrictions for Nintendo Switch, click here.