How to Register an amiibo and Give It a Nickname
Instructions for registering an amiibo figure on the Nintendo Switch console and giving it a nickname.
Complete These Steps:
- Ensure that the Nintendo Switch console has the latest system update.
- From the HOME Menu select "System Settings", then scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select "amiibo."
- Select "Register Owner and Nickname".
- Hold an amiibo figure to the NFC touchpoint.
- On the Nintendo Switch console, this is located over the control stick on the Right Joy-Con.
- On Nintendo Switch Lite, this is located over the right control stick.
- On the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, this is located over the Nintendo Switch logo at the top-center of the controller.
If the Pro Controller is connected to the Nintendo Switch console using the USB charging cable, and Pro Controller Wired Communication is set to ON while Nintendo Switch is in TV mode, the NFC touchpoint on the controller will be disabled.
- Select an owner for the amiibo from the existing users on the console, or create a new user by selecting "Create Mii".
- If the amiibo already has a registered owner and nickname, this will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter a nickname for your amiibo, then select "OK".
- The nickname can be up to 10 characters long and can include up to five numbers.
- Select "OK", then hold the amiibo figure steady on the NFC touchpoint until the registration is complete.