How to Link a Nintendo Account to a Nintendo Switch Console
Instructions on linking a Nintendo Account to an existing user account on a Nintendo Switch console.
- For help creating a new user account on a Nintendo Switch console, click here.
- Once a Nintendo Account is linked to the account, the console's online features will be available.
- Nintendo Accounts for children (the user is aged 15 or under) must be created through the supervising account. Once the child account has been created, it can be linked to a Nintendo Switch console.
Complete These Steps:
- At any point after you have created a user account select "System Settings” on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight "User”, then select the appropriate user account to access the Profile Settings.
- Select "Link to a Nintendo Account”.
Do you have an existing Nintendo Account or do you need to create a new one?
- Select "Create a Nintendo Account” to set up a new Nintendo Account.
- Optional - On the following screen, you can request an email with instructions to link your Nintendo Account with a confirmation code. If you would like to have instructions sent to you, click here for help using this alternate method. (This is not required.)
- On your PC or smart device, visit http://accounts.nintendo.com and create a Nintendo Account.
- Once you have created the Nintendo Account, return to the Nintendo Switch console and select "Sign In”.
- Select the sign-in information for your Nintendo Account:
- "Sign in using an email address or Sign-In ID” - Enter the email address or Sign-In ID and password associated with your account, then select "Sign In”.
- "Sign in using a different account” - Select the appropriate service (Nintendo Network ID, Twitter, Facebook, or Google) and enter your sign-in information for the service.
- If you have forgotten your Nintendo Account sign-in information, click here.
- Select "Link" to link your Nintendo Account to the user account on the console.
- Once the Nintendo Account is linked, it can't be unlinked or changed for that user account.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your Nintendo Account is now linked to your user account. Select "OK” to return to the system settings.