How to Download Save Data Cloud Backups
Instructions on downloading save data backups to a Nintendo Switch console.
- A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use this feature.
- If your membership expires, you can begin a new membership within 180 days to regain access to your Save Data Cloud backups.
- When downloading a backup from Save Data Cloud, the existing save data on the console for that game will be overwritten and cannot be recovered.
- If automatic save data download is enabled and the data stored via Save Data Cloud is newer than the save data on the console, the newer data will automatically download while the console is in sleep mode.
- Save data will not be automatically downloaded if no save data for the software is on the console.
Save data backups can be downloaded from the game's Options menu or from within System Settings.
To download a backup from the software menu:
- Open the game's Options menu and select "Save Data Cloud".
- Select the desired user, then select "Download Save Data".
To download a backup from within System Settings:
- From the HOME Menu, select "System Settings" > "Data Management" > "Save Data Cloud".
- Select the desired user, then choose the backup file you wish to download.
- Select “Download Save Data”.
To download a backup using automatic save data download:
- Put the console into sleep mode.
- Allow the console to remain in sleep mode. It may take some time for the backup to be downloaded.